Request an accident report
You, your solicitor or insurance company can request a copy of an accident (road traffic collision) report. You will need to pay a fee for this service.
I want to request…
a solicitors and insurance companies vehicle accident report
COVID-19 outbreak: Due to a reduction in staffing levels, accident reports may take longer than usual to be released.
Before requesting a copy of a client’s or insured parties accident report, email firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation that a report will be available. Once you have received confirmation, send your request and the required fee to:
The Collisions Unit
PO Box 213
Fees must be paid by cheque, made payable to the ‘PCC for Avon and Somerset‘. We are unable to accept payment by BACS and are unable to agree to deferred payment.
For more information, contact the Collisions Unit:
- by email — email@example.com
an interview with police officers regarding a road traffic accident
Requests for interviews with police officers will be considered by that officer if:
- there are exceptional circumstances
- fatal or serious injuries have been received
- civil legal proceedings are taking place or are anticipated
- a witness subpoena (a summon for an individual to provide evidence) is served on the officer
You can make a request:
- directly to the officer
- by email to – firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to –
Collisions Unit (Interview request)
PO Box 213
Your request will be forwarded to the officer if not known to you, who will contact you directly, if they wish to do so.
- There is a fee for this service and you will need to provide a cheque made payable to ‘PCC for Avon and Somerset‘ to the police officer prior to the interview taking place.
You can find up to date fees on the Charges for Information page.
Accident report fees
View our charges for information.