Leave site

Appeal against the outcome of your complaint

If you have made a complaint against Avon and Somerset Police and are not happy with the way it has been handled and finalised, you may be able to appeal.

When can I make an appeal?

You can appeal against an investigation into your complaint, against a local resolution, or against a decision not to look into your complaint.

You will be notified of your right of appeal and who it should be sent to when we write to you about your complaint.

How to appeal

The complaint decision letter we send you will tell you how to appeal.

  • If you have been asked to seek a review from the Police and Crime Commissioner, complete the review form.
  • If you have been asked to appeal to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC), you can appeal on their website.

Alternatively, you can request a paper appeal form from our Professional Standards Department:

Page feedback
Was this page useful? *
What best describes the reason for your visit today?