Report a theft
A person commits theft if they dishonestly take property belonging to someone else and have no intention of giving it back.
When reporting a theft, provide as many details as you can, such as:
- How did the suspect obtain the property?
- Were any tools or weapons used?
- When did the theft happen?
- Where are the offenders now or did you see which direction they left in?
- Does the property or vehicle have a unique number that could help us to identify it, such as a serial or registration number?
Theft in progress
If a theft is in progress, call 999.
Report stolen property or theft
Register your property
To register valuable or stolen items, visit the Immobilise website.
Report identity theft
Identity fraud or ID theft involves the use of a person’s stolen details to commit a crime. Find out how to report fraud.
You can report shoplifting in your store using our report shoplifting form.
Report fuel theft
Fuel theft is when a customer leaves a petrol station or garage forecourt without paying for the fuel. Find out how to report fuel theft.
Crime prevention advice
Read our advice on how to secure your home and property.