Leave site
Skip to content

Report noise complaints

Nuisance noise is any loud or persistent noise that causes you ongoing concern or affects your quality of life.

Contact your council first

You should contact your local council to report nuisance noise, such as loud music, noisy pubs, rowdy parties or barking dogs, as this is not usually a police matter.

It becomes a police matter when the noise is from people being inconsiderate in a public space, and you can report this to us as anti-social behaviour.

Unlicensed raves or music events

To legally hold a rave or music event, you must obtain a public entertainment licence from the relevant local authority.

A rave is usually classed as a gathering in open space of 20 or more people at which loud music is played during the night – and you can report this as anti-social behaviour.

If an unlicensed rave is under way or about to begin, report it to us by calling 101

To report an unlicensed rave which is due to take place in the future, fill in our inform us of suspected crime form.

Ongoing noise issues

If the noise issue is ongoing and causing you distress, then this could be managed as a case of anti-social behaviour.

To report ongoing anti-social behaviour

Immediate danger

If you are being affected by anti-social behaviour and are in immediate danger, call 999.

Ongoing anti-social behaviour

If you have reported a persistent problem to the council, police or housing provider and feel not enough action has been taken, you can request a Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) Case Review.

Page feedback
Was this page useful? *
What best describes the reason for your visit today?