Skip to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19): the policing response and what you need to know

Request an anti-social behaviour Community Trigger

If you have reported a problem to the council, police or housing provider and you feel not enough action has been taken to respond to your report, the community trigger is a way for you to ask for a case review.

The community trigger can be used by individuals, businesses or community groups. You can start a Community Trigger if:

  • you have reported three separate incidents relating to the same problem in the past six months to the council, police or your landlord and you’ve had inadequate response or feel ignored
  • at least five people have made reports about the same problem in the past six months.

How do I request a Community Trigger?

You can request a Community Trigger request online:

Or by post – write to your local area co-ordinator:

Local area co-ordinators

Bath and North East Somerset

Community Trigger
ASB Coordinator
2nd Floor
Redbridge House
Midland Road


Community Trigger
Crime Reduction
PO Box 595
BS99 2BK

North Somerset

CSDAT – North Somerset Council
Post Point 16
First Floor
Town Hall
BS23 1UJ


Anti-Social Behaviour Co-ordinator
Bridgwater Police Centre
Express Park
Bristol Road

South Gloucestershire

Safe Strong Communities

Anti-Social Behaviour & Community Safety Team

South Gloucestershire Council

Department for Environment and Community Services

PO Box 1954


BS37 0DD

What happens next?

An acknowledgement letter will be sent within two days of our receipt of your application.

We will write again within two weeks to let you know whether or not you have been successful in applying the trigger and outlining what will happen next.

We aim to let you know the outcome of the review within three weeks of your application.

What if I am not satisfied?

If you are not satisfied with the review outcome, you can take the matter up with the complaints process of the relevant agency.

You can make a complaint to Avon and Somerset Police:

  • online — fill in the Make a Complaint form
  • by post — write to:
    Avon and Somerset Police
    Professional Standards Department
    Avon and Somerset Constabulary
    PO Box 37
    Valley Road
    BS20 8QJ
Page feedback
Was this page useful? *
What best describes the reason for your visit today?