Make an FOI request
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) gives you the right to access recorded information held by public sector organisations.
We are committed to being open, honest and accountable and do this by publishing all previous Freedom of Information (FOI) requests on our website.
Before you make a FOI request, please check if the information you want is already available:
- View our previous Freedom of Information requests
- Check our publication scheme which contains details about our priorities, how we make decisions and our expenditure
Consider if your request is vital to the public’s interest. If it is not vital we ask you to delay submitting your request as providing a response may divert police officers away from their regular duties.
Submit a FOI request
If the information you require is not already available online, you can make a request:
- online – fill in our make a Freedom of Information request form
Make sure you include:
- Your name and address
- The information you would like to access
- How you would like to receive the information (for example paper copy or email)
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we are not able to process any requests made by post as our FOI team are working remotely.
We will normally provide the information within 20 working days as required by the Freedom of Information Act. Due to COVID-19, there may be a delay in responding to your request.
If you would like to withdraw a previously submitted request, email FOIREQUESTS@avonandsomerset.police.uk
COVID-19 FOI requests
COVID-19 requests may be exempt under Section 22 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (information intended for future publication), inline with the National Policing Publication Strategy – Operation Talla (PDF).