Skip to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19): the policing response and what you need to know

Report a vehicle without tax or a MOT

Every vehicle registered in the United Kingdom must be taxed and have a valid MOT if you intend to use it or keep it on a public road.

If the vehicle is not taxed, you must apply for a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) from the DVLA. If you wish to use the vehicle on the road again, you must tax it first.

How do I report an untaxed vehicle?

If you believe a vehicle has no raod tax and has not been declared as SORN, you must report it to the DVLA.

How I do report a car without a MOT?

You can only report a vehicle with no MOT to the police if it’s being used on a road.

You need the vehicle’s:

  • number plate (registration number)
  • make and model
  • colour
  • location

Abandoned vehicles

Find out how to report an abandoned vehicle.

Page feedback
Was this page useful? *
What best describes the reason for your visit today?