A threat is a statement of an intention to cause pain, injury, damage or other hostile action.
Types of threat
- Verbal, written or psychological harassment
- Threats of a sexual nature
- Threats to kill
- Racial or religious threats known as a hate crime
If you are receiving threats which you feel put you in immediate danger or at risk, call 999 straight away.
If you are not in immediate danger, you can report being threatened:
- on the phone — call 101
- in person — at your local police station
- online — fill in the report a crime or incident form