Mini Police is part of the National Volunteer Police Cadets (NVPC) programme and is aimed at children aged 8 to 11 years old.
Mini Police is an innovative police engagement programme, which is delivered in schools with the support of local Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs). The scheme provides a fun and interactive way to introduce children to a positive experience of policing and to get them involved in the local community.
Benefits of the Scheme
- A way to build confidence and learn new skills.
- An opportunity to develop their sense of social justice and moral responsibility, safety and policing through a fun and engaging programme of activities.
- An opportunity to positively engage with their local community policing team.
- The Mini Police programme links in with the statutory Key Stage 2 requirements of PSHE.
- An opportunity for schools and pupils to build positive relationships with the police and share this learning.
Information for schools
We are currently reviewing the Mini Police Scheme to include some exciting new developments. Registrations of interest will open in early Spring 2022 for schools wanting to join the scheme in September 2022.
If your school would like to keep up to date with the latest news and information from the Mini Police Scheme or would like to find out more, complete this form.