Be Home Safe Scheme
The Be Home Safe scheme is a free referral service giving security to victims of crime and helps vulnerable people to stay safe.
Please be aware there is currently a waiting list to join the scheme.
What the scheme does
- Checks door locks and upgrade if necessary
- Fit door chains if necessary
- Fit door viewers if necessary
- Installs window locks if necessary
- Fit window alarms if necessary
- Supplies personal alarms if necessary
- Looks at overall security of the property
- Advises on security improvements
What the scheme does not do
Replace or renew broken glass
Temporary boarding of doors or windows
Repairs to doors or windows after forced entry by police
Renewal of window, doors, sashes or frames
Cold call, we always make appointments
Deal with fences or hedges
Carry out electrical work such as lighting, cameras or alarm systems
Who can use the scheme?
- People over the age of 65
- Victims of hate crime
- Victims of burglary or fraud
- Victims of domestic, sexual or racial violence
- Any vulnerable member of the community
How can I apply?
If you fit the above criteria, contact your local PCSO or PC to see if they can arrange a visit by the Be Home Safe Scheme.
Be Home Safe is not an emergency service and so the team are only available Monday to Friday during office hours.