Injury Awards 2017-2020
Date of request: 17 September 2020
I am interested in information relating to injury awards pursuant to the Police (Injury Benefit) Regulations 2006 SI 2006/932.
- How many individuals currently receive injury awards from your force?
- For each of the three years 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/2020 please provide the number of police officers granted an injury award.
- For each of the three years 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/2020 please provide the amount paid to all those in receipt of injury awards.
- For each of the three years 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/2020 please provide the number of reviews carried out of injury awards.
- For each of the three years 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/2020 please provide the number of reviews that resulted in the level of pension
- remaining unchanged;
- increasing; and
- For each of the three years 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2020 please provide the number of individuals contacted regarding a review who did not answer the questionnaire sent to them in connection with their review.
- Please provide a copy of the questionnaire sent to those in receipt of injury awards regarding their review.
- Please provide the number of officers in receipt of an injury award (include those who were awarded injury benefit by another force) who currently work for your force, if any.
With regards to question one, there are currently 483 officers receiving injury awards.
Please see the table below for a breakdown of information requested for questions two, three, four and five.
With regards to question six and eight, no information has been identified relevant to your request.
With regards to the above missing information, and the redacted detail from the attachment for question seven of your request, this information is exempt from disclosure under Section 40(2), third party personal information.
This is an Absolute exemption so therefore there is no requirement to evidence harm or conduct a public interest test. Any information is exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act if it relates to or is supplied by another individual and disclosure of that information would contravene any of the data protection principles set out in:
(a) Article 5(1) of the GDPR, and
(b) section 34(1) of the Data Protection Act 2018
The disclosure of this information would allow for the identification of personal information and therefore has been removed from this response.