The Bournville and Oldmixon One team’s objective/aim is to help prevent serious injury or death of road users.
Wednesday 31st October, 2018
To tackle this, the team will be looking at the following actions:
- Enforcement of traffic signs
- Vehicle safety check
- Checking vehicles for insurance and MOT
- Ensuring properly fitted child seats
- Enforce wearing of seatbelts
- Dealing with failure to wear seatbelts offences
- Increase patrol/visibility of officers on the road
- To utilise other agencies
- To refer area for traffic calming measures where appropriate
- Make use of fixed penalty notices
- Recent actions of note/operations
- Traffic operation
Saturday 27th October, 2018
Bournville and Oldmixon One Team carried out a traffic operation in the area of Winterstoke road.
Vehicles were checked for valid insurance/MOT, and all number plates were put through the national Police Computer system to ascertain if there were any reports placed on the vehicle such as theft reports or wanted markers.
The operation was a great success and offenders were dealt with robustly. The team will look at repeating the exercise regularly to help tackle crime one car at a time!