We are safeguarding the vulnerable and taking action on begging within the community. Our powers will not be used to target people based solely on the fact they are homeless or rough sleeping.
21 June 2023
We are asking people to report aggressive begging in Frome town so it can be dealt with correctly and in a timely manner. Please report on 101 or can be done on the Avon and Somerset website.
25 May 2023
We are getting an increase of Aggressive Begging and need victims to report this. We class this as:
- begging with intent to intimidate another person into giving money or goods by any means including repeated requests for money while approaching or following the person from whom funds are being requested
- continuing to solicit from a person or continuing to engage that person after the person has given a negative response to such soliciting
- following a person with intent to solicit money or other things of value
- begging with use of false, misleading information, where the person knew or reasonably should have known of the falsity or misleading nature of the information
- begging with or involving activities that are unsafe or dangerous to any person or property
- begging in a manner that exploits children
- wilfully providing or delivering, or attempting to provide or deliver unrequested or unsolicited services or products with a demand or exertion of pressure for payment in return