Skip to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19): the policing response and what you need to know

Assistance completing the Notice

I did not see the Notice in time

You will have 28 days from the date the Notice was delivered to the keeper’s registered address, to respond with the driver’s details. If you have not responded within this time, you will receive a reminder after 35 days of receiving the first notice, and you will have 7 days to respond. If you don’t respond by this time, you may be prosecuted.

Reply to the Notice and include a covering letter explaining that you have only just seen the request.

I received a reminder Notice but not the original

If you have received a reminder but not the Notice itself, contact the Speed Enforcement Unit, who will reissue the Notice.

I am out of the country and unable to sign the form

If you are out of the country, we can email you a copy of the Notice for you to print, sign, scan and email back.

The person the Notice is intended for does not live at this address

If you receive a Notice for a person who does not live at your address and you are unable to supply a forwarding address, return the notice to the Speed Enforcement Unit, marked recipient not known.

I have paid the fine on behalf of someone else

If you have returned the notice and paid the fine on behalf of someone else who was driving your vehicle, you cannot get a refund. You will need to contact the Speed Enforcement Unit to request a new Notice to be sent to the driver of vehicle.

How can I pay a fixed penalty?

You can pay by:

It is not possible to pay in instalments under any circumstances

For enquiries about payment, contact the Conditional Offer Unit.

Page feedback
Was this page useful? *
What best describes the reason for your visit today?