Application for the grant or renewal of a firearm or shotgun certificate
To apply for, or renew a firearms/shotgun licence, use this form.
Make sure you read the guidance notes (PDF) in full before starting an application.
Applications to renew a licence must be submitted at least eight weeks before your current certificate expires. Failure to do so may result in delays.Start now
To fill in this form
You will need:
- Details of any firearms/shotguns currently in your possession - including serial numbers
- Details of your referees - including full name, date and place of birth - two referees are required for a firearm certificate, one referee is required if you are applying for a shotgun certificate
- The address of your GP Practice
- A digital photograph of passport quality showing your current true likeness, saved on your device ready to upload (jpeg, png or gif)
- Credit or debit card details to make a payment
- For firearms applications only - details of your good reason to possess firearms as per guidance notes 19 and 20
Other ways to apply for a grant or renewal
- Download the Application for Firearm/Shotgun Certificate (PDF). Complete, print and sign the form and return to the Firearms Licensing Team.