Open and Closed Police Stations
Date of request: September 5, 2019
Posted in: Estates
Using the Home Office’s definition of a police station is a police building which has a counter open to the public for at least part of the day…
Please list all police stations in your police authority area that have been in operation during the period or part of the period January 2010 to July 2019, stating the:
- Name of the police station
- Full address
- Is/was there a public counter (yes/no)
- Is the station open or closed as of July 2019?
- Date opened (as a minimum year and month) Date closed (as a minimum: year and month)
- Alongside each station please also detail:
- Whether the station has been sold
- The date of the sale
- The sale price
- The name of the purchaser
- Finally, please also detail any new police stations to have opened during the same period (period January 2010 to July 2019).
Please see a list of the open and closed police stations attached. Find The addresses of the open police stations on our website.
Please note that some information is exempt from disclosure. This has been identified on the attached document.
The exemption applicable is Section 41(1) – Information provided in confidence. This is an absolute, class based exemption, therefore there is no requirement to evidence the harm in disclosure or consider the public interest.